Go Down

Topic: Uploading with Atmel Studio 6 (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

pingflip

Hi,

How do I upload code written with Atmel Studio 6?
Do I need a SAMIce Debugger/Programmer or is there a way to upload via the usb programming port?

Cheers

Pingflip

pracas

The following 2 commands will help you upload a .bin file from command line using the programming port

mode com7:1200,n,8,1

bossac.exe --port=COM7 -U false -e -w -v -b Blink.cpp.bin -R

you need to add the location of the bossac.exe (somewhere inside the arduino folder) to your path file

if you want this to work from Atmel Studio, You can create a batch file and create an external tools under the tools option in Atmel Studio like this
http://www.jayconsystems.com/tutorial/atmerpt1/

Let me know how it goes.. 
Be The Change...

pingflip

Hi,

thanks for the answer, i'm gonna try that tomorrow.
I just did a quick test with bossac gui and tried to connect to the board, but it was not able to connect (tried on Os X, Windows 8, and Win XP running in a virtual Box on a mac).

Pingflip

Palliser

bossac.exe --port=COM7 -U false -e -w -v -b Blink.cpp.bin -R

you need to add the location of the bossac.exe (somewhere inside the arduino folder) to your path file

Every time I need to re-load a sketch in the Arduino Due using bossac as you mentioned, I have to erase-reset the board. Why?
I don't know yet. That is not happening with Arduino IDE. I have checked this phenomenon with Windows 7 and Windows XP with same results.
May be Arduino IDE shows in the verbose output, just part of the enumeration of the upload.

hiduino

Yes, the bossac bootloader only runs if the memory is erased.  The Arduino IDE does this by opening and closing the COM port at 1200 baud.  This causes the Due to execute a soft erase command.

Go Up