Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Control an Iphone with Arduino  (Read 647 times)
Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I know the ipad has that arcade style controller, but I want to know if it is possible to make my own controller? I looked online for a sample code for the arduino and I didn't find anything. I did however find dozens of articles for controlling an Arduino FROM an Iphone, but not the other way around. :{

Did anyone else try this, and does anyone know where I can get a sample code to start with.

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Things like the iCade emulate a bluetooth keyboard. You could do something similar, using a bluetooth module that supported the HID profile.

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

Oh, I thought it was pluged into the Ipad. Yea, emulating a BT keyboard is no problem.
Thank you.

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Maine
Caution: Explosives in use.
View Profile

Oh, I thought it was pluged into the Ipad. Yea, emulating a BT keyboard is no problem.
Thank you.

Some of the ones I have seen have a connector on them, but it is either just for passthrough (so you can still charge the iPad with the controller connected), or just dummy pins that help hold the controller onto the iPad.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Des Moines, Iowa, USA
View Profile

I know the ipad has that arcade style controller, but I want to know if it is possible to make my own controller? I looked online for a sample code for the arduino and I didn't find anything. I did however find dozens of articles for controlling an Arduino FROM an Iphone, but not the other way around. :{

Did anyone else try this, and does anyone know where I can get a sample code to start with.

I have code that will read Arduino/Teensy 2.0 input pins and send out USB iCade-compatible keys. I have tested it with iPad and an Atari 2600 joystick smiley

http://subethasoftware.com/category/ios/icade/

I am going to start posting more of my input code as I get time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:37:22 am by allenhuffman » Logged

Embedded Software Engineer
UNO | Leonardo | Due | Teensy | BASIC Stamp
http://www.subethasoftware.com

View Profile

That link is broken.  I'm curious to see what you have done (and how you did it  smiley-wink   )

Thanks

Des Moines, Iowa, USA
View Profile

That link is broken.  I'm curious to see what you have done (and how you did it  smiley-wink   )

I updated the link - www.subethasoftware.com - I decided to break out all my Arduino/programming stuff to a dedicated site. I need to get all my code posted somewhere, but not sure what works best. Should I do a github or something? I need to see if I can at least post files on my Wordpress site for download. Wordpress loves to screw up source code I post by HTML-izing it.

Embedded Software Engineer
UNO | Leonardo | Due | Teensy | BASIC Stamp
http://www.subethasoftware.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: