Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wireless Amp Control  (Read 984 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I finally got it on the video. I would use this opportunity to thank you all who helped me to get so far with this project.
For those who are not familiar with guitars, amp and gigging:
I made this to be able to control my amp and effect pedals wirelessly from my guitar.
This allows me to move on the stage and still be able to switch on/off some effects or amp channels.
I'm connected to amp by ordinary instrument cable on this video but I use guitar wireless system during the live show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJmPjkDfolA&feature=youtu.be

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

That is very cool, and the mods on the guitar aren't intrusive (or even obvious until you flick the controls in the vid and give their positions away).

Would it have been possible to put these controls on a strap-mounted enclosure or do they need to be tied into the guitar's electronics?  Reason for asking is part laziness because I have more than one guitar...and part not wanting to cut my axes.  To be fair, part 2 is probably the primary reason smiley

Very inspirational stuff - thanks for sharing,
Geoff

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Cairns - Green Island for Winter
View Profile

I enjoyed that too and I liked your guitar work .
Will you post a schematic and code?
Also I can't download Utube videos is it possible to give a download link that I don't have to log into to download
I just won't support these tightening controls on who posts and who downloads all over the net . It will just keep getting worse if we accept it..

Governments should do what they were designed to do only.
Manage the larger issues best done by Government.
My Family and my Property are no

View Profile

That is very cool, and the mods on the guitar aren't intrusive (or even obvious until you flick the controls in the vid and give their positions away).

Would it have been possible to put these controls on a strap-mounted enclosure or do they need to be tied into the guitar's electronics?  Reason for asking is part laziness because I have more than one guitar...and part not wanting to cut my axes.  To be fair, part 2 is probably the primary reason smiley

Very inspirational stuff - thanks for sharing,
Geoff
I don't know if you have seen whole video because I showed my old transmitter which can be taped on any guitar and no modification is needed.
Mounting on strap would be possible too.
I never cut my guitars. New transmitter is mounted through the hole where the original tone control potentiometer is usually mounted.
The potentiometer is turned to max and hidden inside the guitar.

Anyway transmitter doesn't share any wire with guitar electronics.
I hope this helped.

View Profile

I enjoyed that too and I liked your guitar work .
Will you post a schematic and code?
Also I can't download Utube videos is it possible to give a download link that I don't have to log into to download
I just won't support these tightening controls on who posts and who downloads all over the net . It will just keep getting worse if we accept it..

I'm not sure if I understand why do you need to download video.
I need to make one nice main diagram and upload it.
My project went through many phases while I added more and more components.
Right know it's real schematic mess on several sheets. They are mostly written by hand on piece of paper and I didn't really use right symbols all the time.
I hope I will manage to understand each of them and make a one clear pdf because I'm going to need it.
I can upload the code, that part would be easy. I need to get home first.

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

I don't know if you have seen whole video because I showed my old transmitter which can be taped on any guitar and no modification is needed.
Mounting on strap would be possible too.
I never cut my guitars. New transmitter is mounted through the hole where the original tone control potentiometer is usually mounted.
The potentiometer is turned to max and hidden inside the guitar.
Anyway transmitter doesn't share any wire with guitar electronics.
I hope this helped.
Perfect, thanks.  I somehow missed that part but it makes sense.

Cheers ! Geoff

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: