Go Down

Topic: Nokia 5110 (life or death ?..) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Maverik2210

Nov 10, 2012, 08:06 pm Last Edit: Nov 10, 2012, 10:03 pm by Maverik2210 Reason: 1
Hi, folks!

Need your help on subject display (red one, looks exacly as sparkfun).
Have received one a week ago and still trying to get it work properly...  8)
The issue is display works only occasionally, randomly shows designated images and text, but much more often i see just random flicker horisontal lines. Moreover, normal images or text appears usually on first wiring, the next or third attempt after reset may be faulty - while on first attempt i can see normal images between flickers, after power off/on it can be only flickers or nothing. So i do afraid that the issue is hardware...  8)  only LED works fine
Connection is to arduino nano 5 v as per sparkfun scheme for such devices i.e. via 10k resistors.

I've checked voltage and current on display and result seems to be a bit disappointing

PIN / Voltage / Current

VCC  /  3.28      
SCE   /  2.32   /  0.46
RST   /  0       /  0
D/C   /  2.28   / 0.45
DNK  / 4.57   / 0.47
SLK   / 4.57   / 0.47

is it almost dead ???  8)

MarkT

You can't get much meaningful from measuring voltages (or currents) of a high speed logic signals if they are changing - multimeters measure on a timescale of around a second, logic signals change upto 8 or 9 orders of magnitude faster than that.

How fast are you driving the signals ?  Is this hardware SPI?  How long are the wires?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Maverik2210

solved using 4050 level shifter.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy