Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Serial Errors - Uno + Servo  (Read 1950 times)
No time to learn
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Osgeld, thanks!
zoomkat, neat, I'll give that a try!

Edit:
I tried using a diode (replaced the red wire in image). The voltage went from 5.01V to 4.95V. Would the capacitors have anything to do with that. Also, then I wouldn't be able to use the 5.7V with the Arudino, right?
The image is just a generalization of how the circuit is laid out.

Thanks,
-BBX

* Circuit2_bb_smaller.png (92.55 KB, 608x371 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:05:37 pm by BBX » Logged

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

You probably have something wired wrong. Also, using a 9v transistor battery to power a servo won't work for long. Replace the 9v battery with four ~1.5v batterys supplying ~6v directly to the servo like below. Radio shack has battery holders if needed.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

No time to learn
View Profile

x_x Sorry about that. I have a full 19V PSU for the system, but I couldn't find something like that in Fritzing, so I made two 9Vs to show ~18Vin.

Edit:
Didn't even think about parallel/serial. Sorry again for the confusion.

-BBX
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:46:07 pm by BBX » Logged

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

I tried using a diode (replaced the red wire in image). The voltage went from 5.01V to 4.95V

the diode will do that, all diodes have a voltage drop across the junction... 0.7volts is a good generic guess, but the exact number depends on the exact diode, temperature, etc. Though the datasheet is usually pretty good about nailing it down.

No time to learn
View Profile

I thought the idea was that adding a diode would increase the voltage at the 7805 around +0.7V?

You can add a small diode to the 7805 ground like below to up the 7805 output voltage to ~5.7v for better servo performance.

-BBX

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I thought the idea was that adding a diode would increase the voltage at the 7805 around +0.7V?

That's correct. Check how you have the diode is installed. You may want to remove the 7805 from your circuit and get it setup standalone first. "Breadboard" drawings are not useful to me as I don't use breadboards (have a nice one, but never used it).

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: