Go Down

Topic: Some networking fun: 28 arduinos linked in a network (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

RyanF121

I have just bought an e-book about the arduino.  Up to this point I have been learning by reverse-engineering the code and haven't learnt much.  Now that I have some literature to go by I might actually be able to learn this.

zoomkat

In the arduino IDE have you looked at Help > Getting started?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

PeterH

for some reason the computers don't recognize it as a web page even though I'm running the examples included in the arduino programming software.

What do you mean by "computers don't recognize it as a web page"? Please explain what you're doing, in as much detail as possible. Are you trying to access the Arduino with a browser? Which browser? What URL are you entering? What happens on the screen - does the browser connect? Does it get an HTTP response back? Does the HTTP response include a page? Does the page render? If not, what is in the page source?

Is this due to the network collisions? 

No.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

tuxduino

Do you have a proxy ? Is the browser configured to use it ? If yes, try to select "direct connection to internet". Ask the company sysadmin if you need help with these details.

RyanF121

What do you mean by "computers don't recognize it as a web page"? Please explain what you're doing, in as much detail as possible. Are you trying to access the Arduino with a browser? Which browser? What URL are you entering? What happens on the screen - does the browser connect? Does it get an HTTP response back? Does the HTTP response include a page? Does the page render? If not, what is in the page source?

I mean that the computer (a mac running google chrome)doesn't recognize it as being a valid address.  I load the original example with the arduino software and change the IP address that it uses to 192.168.1.187.  The shield flashes like it is connected to the network but when I enter the IP address in the browser it doesn't even act like it found a server on its IP.

Do you have a proxy ? Is the browser configured to use it ? If yes, try to select "direct connection to internet". Ask the company sysadmin if you need help with these details.

There is no proxy around my house and our browsers work just fine although verrrrrrrrrrry slow due to the fact we live in the middle of nowhere.  I am currently using an Apple Time Machine for the network switch, so no issues with LAN speed.  I can't contact the sysadmin without looking like a seriously mentally ill child.  Reason why? I am the sysadmin around the house.  I would have to talk to myself.   I already have enough issues related to aspergers and autism, the last thing I need is to be seen talking to myself.

Go Up