Go Down

Topic: Need help populating Arduino r3 proto shield. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

BillO

S1 tells the sketch to begin another bootloader burn.
Facts just don't care if you ignore them.

steinklatre

Ok so any ideas where to wire to and from for S1? Also I understand i am telling the Arduino to burn a new program into the 2nd chip with this code but any idea where I place the code to be burned?

Patience.....

BillO

S1 goes from analog 1 of the host board to ground.

The only code the standalone bootloader sketch delivers is a modified version of the optiboot bootloader (adaboot) as per Limor's blog:

"The standalone sketch will only program ATmega328P chips and it will program them with our "adaBoot" Bootloader not Optiboot! Select Duemilanove with 328 when uploading to Arduinos that use the bootloaded chip, even if you are using it in an UNO branded Arduino! "

That code is contained within the sketch itself.
Facts just don't care if you ignore them.

steinklatre

Aweseom thanks Bill! (S1 goes from analog 1 of the host board to ground.)

So on the latter part of what you just said......

"The only code the standalone bootloader sketch delivers is a modified version of the optiboot bootloader (adaboot) as per Limor's blog:

"The standalone sketch will only program ATmega328P chips and it will program them with our "adaBoot" Bootloader not Optiboot! Select Duemilanove with 328 when uploading to Arduinos that use the bootloaded chip, even if you are using it in an UNO branded Arduino! "

That code is contained within the sketch itself."

CRAP! Did I just waste 5 bucks and a couple hours of my time?! What I wanted to do was build a rig so I can program the chips in order to transfer them to run standalone.
Patience.....

James C4S

CRAP! Did I just waste 5 bucks and a couple hours of my time?! What I wanted to do was build a rig so I can program the chips in order to transfer them to run standalone.

What chips?  You only need to burn a bootloader on to blank ATmega328s.  If the chip already has the bootloader, it is ready to run standalone (at 16MHz).
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up