Go Down

Topic: Need help populating Arduino r3 proto shield. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

steinklatre

James,

I purchased about five ATmega328's that has a blank bootloader. Then I wanted to avoid pulling the arduino's ATmega out to program the chips 1-5. Figured I would create this shield to burn the bootloader as well as burn the program I wanted to use that chip(1-5) for. I.E. the 4x4 cube present, or the relay box I have. I guess what I have created is JUST the bootloader shield NOT a full on programming shield.

Lance
Patience.....

James C4S

So you were trying to build a generic "Arduino as ISP [in-circuit serial programmer]" shield?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

steinklatre

James,

Yes I suppose that is what I was trying! Am I far off on this?

Lance
Patience.....

James C4S

Look at the Arduino as ISP stuff and determine if the connections of your shield are the same connections.  If so, it is just a matter of loading the "Arduino as ISP" sketch on to the "host" Arduino.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

steinklatre

Thanks a ton I will research tomarrow after work. My head hurts after reading Sociology topics.   :smiley-sleep:
Patience.....

Go Up