Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help!! Question about the compatible microcontrollers  (Read 531 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, Im new to arduino, and I have a proyect in which i have the recomendation of using the ATmega32 microcontroller, and my arduino uno has the ATmega328. The question is, can I replace the microcontroller in my arduino uno with the ATmega32?? Would the programming be the same or would something change on it?? Or the connection of the pins or something else would change?? Thank you very much for the help!!

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

The ATmega32 is a 40-pin chip.  The ATmega328 is a 28-pin chip.  So they are substantially different.

View Profile

The question is, can I replace the microcontroller in my arduino uno with the ATmega32?? Would the programming be the same or would something change on it?
What you can do is to put Atmega32 on a breadboard and program it with Arduino Uno loaded with Arduino ISP (Arduino Uno as an ISP programmer), this is in case you have hex code for Arduino32.

View Profile

What you can do is to put Atmega32 on a breadboard and program it with Arduino Uno loaded with Arduino ISP (Arduino Uno as an ISP programmer), this is in case you have hex code for Arduino32.
can you explain me a little more of this, or give a link where i can get info??

View Profile

Try this tutorial:
http://pdp11.byethost12.com/AVR/ArduinoAsProgrammer.htm
You must replace the Atmega328p given as an example with your Atmega32. (Attention the SPI for mega32 is on different pins).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:53:46 pm by simplex » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: