Go Down

Topic: Absolute beginner..How do I get started? (Read 2330 times) previous topic - next topic

JonRon

Hi,

Yea....getting a bit long in the tooth, so experience tell us that slower can be quicker in the end. I'm not in too much of a rush (at the moment!)

Uno or Mega for beginner?

Cheers

JonRon

wildbill

Uno generally - it's cheaper to replace if you make some electrical error and damage or destroy it. If your planned project is large, needs a large number of pins, or multiple UARTs a mega may be the answer eventually. You may not have the means to tell at this stage though and having an uno around isn't a bad thing.

wildbill

Baby steps works best for beginners

If you call it incremental development instead, it's a generally accepted practice whether you're a beginner or not  ;)

Nick2012Future

Very interesting guys about aquarium project seems familiar to me. We have something similar build by students for final project. I am a beginner of programming language C, so I received some suggestions to use this

link:http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~adenau/teaching/cs206/lecture10.pdf     

excellent source to start visualize Orduino from beginning.

JonRon

Hi and thanks,

Plenty to be getting on with now...all good stuff.

Cheers

JonRon

Zack_Johnston

I would definitely recommend the UNO for a beginner....One, its cheaper and the parts are easy to replace if damaged. The Mega is made for codes with many bytes; it has much storage place, and for a starter, this isn't recommended. Good luck with your future projects, and I hope that this helps!!!!!!!  :D

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy