Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: BT Serial device  (Read 504 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I have set up a BT serial port to my Arduino.  I tried to search and pair from my Mac and all went OK.  I then used ZTerm to send some AT commands as a test but when it connects all I get is an infinite loop of 255.  Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Switzerland
Faraday Member
View Profile

Which BT device did you connect to the Arduino? Using what wiring (photo)? What code did you use (post the full code and use the code tags, [ # ] button in the editor)?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:22:24 pm by pylon » Logged

View Profile

I have not done any code yet.  I am just trying to send some AT commands in order to test that the device is working.  I am using the Mac for this.  My device is:

http://dx.com/p/jy-mcu-arduino-bluetooth-wireless-serial-port-module-104299

This is my first project, so is any code needed just for sending AT commands?  I don't plan to process them yet with Arduino.

Switzerland
Faraday Member
View Profile

I have not done any code yet.

How do you send the AT commands then? The device has no USB interface to talk to it directly from the Mac.

View Profile

I am using ZTerm to send commands from my Mac to the BT module.

http://www.dalverson.com/zterm/

Switzerland
Faraday Member
View Profile

But how do you connect the module then? The Mac does neither have that 4-pin connector nor a serial interface and most of the USB connectors are running RS232 and not TTL level.

View Profile

It is connected to the Arduino and draws power from there, I have also connected the TX/RX to the Arduino but I am not testing that part yet just sending commands to the bluetooth.  I pair the device with the mac using bluetooth, connect via Zterm but after that I cannot do anything.

I was reading more about it and I found out that you cannot send AT commands while connected via bluetooth and I think that is my problem.  I got rid of the 255 loop and now I just connect but then nothing happens.  I will try and program the Ardunio and send commands via the serial interface and see what output I get.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: