Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Peripheral DMA Controller (PDC) driver for SAM  (Read 2440 times)
Germany
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

did someone take a look at this part of the SAM and did the pdc lib from the Atmel Framework port to Arduino?

I think sounds intresting to have transmitting done without the core involved.

B.R.

Markus

God Member
View Profile

Do you have a link for this (or if it is in the Arduino tree, the path)?

And is there a library for the other DMA controller (the AHB one)? I have been trying to program the DMA hardware registers directly and my head just exploded smiley-eek-blue

Germany
View Profile

Do you have a link for this (or if it is in the Arduino tree, the path)?

And is there a library for the other DMA controller (the AHB one)? I have been trying to program the DMA hardware registers directly and my head just exploded smiley-eek-blue

Install Atmelstudio 6 and the latest Framework, if you look at the "LIN_MNGT_EXAMPLE1" from the asf there you find some files specialy the pdc.h and .c

Forum Administrator
Milano, Italy
View Profile

Look at the Audio library for an example of use of PDC. (in this case it controls the DAC output, and the output timing is clocked using a Timer)

Note that PDC is a sort of DMA "for-peripherals" and is waaaaaay simpler to use than the more powerful AHB.

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/tree/ide-1.5.x/hardware/arduino/sam/libraries/Audio

Btw, I see a lot of developers interested in a general Arduino API for DMA, this is a hot topic, and it should be discussed in the developer list.

C

C.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: