Go Down

Topic: Sim 900 how to get signal as a variable to use on a LCD (Read 79 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey Everyone,  :smiley-grin:  :smiley-grin:

I really need your help i'm using the attached sketch:

I need it to send SMS's but I want to integrate a 16 X 2 in my project so that I can see what the signal strength is by using the AT Command AT+CSQ, unfortunately I can't seem to get anywhere close to getting the signal strength to appear on the screen. All I really need help with is how to save AT Commands to EEPROM or Variables. please can you help me :smiley-confuse:  :smiley-confuse:  :smiley-confuse:  :smiley-confuse:

PaulS

All I really need help with is how to save AT Commands to EEPROM or Variables.
Why do you want to save the commands in variables? Forget EEPROM - it is completely the wrong solution.

Saving the device's RESPONSE to a command is a horse of a different color.

The code you posted does nothing unless a text message arrives. Unless you ACTUALLY issue a command, it's very hard to comprehend how you think you will be able to display the response to that command anywhere.

I don't really care about the sketch its a dummy sketch, what i really want to know is how do I get the signal strength on a 16 X 2 LCD, I'm not sure on how to do that, I know how to get the signal through AT commands in the serial port but I dont know how to get it on a LCD, sorry for any confusion

PaulS

I don't really care about the sketch its a dummy sketch
Posted by a ... Well, never mind.

what i really want to know is how do I get the signal strength on a 16 X 2 LCD,
First, you have to issue a command. Then, you need to read and store data until the complete response has been received. When the complete response has been received, you can display the complete response or parse it and display the important part.

Since I have no idea where or when you want to issue the command, all I can do is wish you luck.

Apologies if I couldn't get my message over. Definitely a TPS case ;)  ;)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy