Go Down

Topic: book - e tutorial refernce needed (Read 75 times) previous topic - next topic

arduidiot

I have fixed the sketch already, but a while ago i was getting this unusual message when the problem was simply not having curly brackets in the right place. There is of course too much for a forum thread to explain so im basically asking if anyone has a good pdf on this layer of code in general
, seeings i am unable to export this one as an application.

FRAME CAPTURE DURATION:6.9073E7 MILLISECONDS
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at processing.core.PApplet.runSketch(PApplet.java:10713)
   at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:10525)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at recordingWEBcam.<init>(recordingWEBcam.java:109)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at processing.core.PApplet.runSketch(PApplet.java:10711)
   ... 1 more
im a good observer. not the brightest but very curious.

that poor innocent dog died from AC. he died.

I do not refuse my dinner simply because I do not understand the process of digestion."

jurs

I have fixed the sketch already, but a while ago i was getting this unusual message when the problem was simply not having curly brackets in the right place.
If you are having a hard time with the correct placement of curly brackets, you could consider changing the programming IDE.

For example there is an alternative Arduino-IDE named "Code::Blocks for Arduino", which provides a much more powerful editor than the Arduino IDE itself.

It is a "folding editor" which not only shows the "blocks" that are created with all the curly brackets in your code, but you can easily collapse and extend the blocks within curly brackets.

I include a little screenshot of an area in the "CodeBlocks for Arduino" editor.

PaulS

There is of course too much for a forum thread to explain so im basically asking if anyone has a good pdf on this layer of code in general
I have a shelf full of old-fashioned paper books. I recommend that you get some. Not everything is suitable for reading on the computer.

arduidiot

Jan 26, 2015, 02:19 pm Last Edit: Jan 26, 2015, 02:20 pm by arduidiot
I have a shelf full of old-fashioned paper books. I recommend that you get some. Not everything is suitable for reading on the computer.
noted and agree entirely, but i was talking about tonight/next 2 weeks and the paper back available to me will go from 0 as is currently to infinite when they give me my student card back and everything. not sure if they are going to throw me in this month or i have to wait for next semester, only a few core units to go anyway, yes i will still get a copy of your references.

ah infinite library. i have missed it.

I do not refuse my dinner simply because I do not understand the process of digestion."

arduidiot

Jan 26, 2015, 02:25 pm Last Edit: Jan 26, 2015, 02:26 pm by arduidiot
If you are having a hard time with the correct placement of curly brackets, you could consider changing the programming IDE.
ill give it a go. this one was done in processing 2.2.1 on a 32 bit system, from what i have found so far search engine wise that seems to be pretty heavily tied to the way a computer handles java, but so far id had such a good run on this vista considering its one of my dad's shiny shimmering but over heating and under performing within 3-6 months HP. BUT it does have a very shiny enclosure....

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy