Go Down

Topic: problem porting new bootloader with avrdude (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

john1993

thanks. me and the 'freaks' dont get along so well. some of those guys can get pretty nasty. i sometimes browse because there are helpful individuals hiding below the surface there but hesitate to even sign in. you wouldnt happen to have a link to that discussion?

also in your opinion is tom carpenters uart 1 arrangement becoming more of a standard because of this?

retrolefty

Nov 23, 2012, 03:26 pm Last Edit: Nov 23, 2012, 03:30 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1

thanks. me and the 'freaks' dont get along so well. some of those guys can get pretty nasty. i sometimes browse because there are helpful individuals hiding below the surface there but hesitate to even sign in. you wouldnt happen to have a link to that discussion?

also in your opinion is tom carpenters uart 1 arrangement becoming more of a standard because of this?

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=107115&highlight=1284p

People building or using mega1284p in the arduino platform are not a huge population so can't say if using UART1 for the bootloader is a 'standard' or not, just one solution if one is building a new design, or as I said the simple cap/resistor seems to be effective to continue to use uart0 for the bootloader.

Lefty

john1993

thanks for taking time to do that. i guess my mistake was using 1284 instead of 1284p for search. your link has led to many other informative links not just freaks. some interesting stories.

for my nano-booter project i got 25pcs of 1284 not 1284p so maybe this is not a problem for those. with more ram than any other avr (no exception) this chip is probably going to become quite popular. making front end decisions for my bootloader im am very curious about pinout and other hardware issues involving arduino. there seems to be the sanguino and bobuino standards which i think use different uarts so it would be interesting to see what surfaces. i was also wondering why a different location for the led was chosen.

Go Up