Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: sending of spoofing FM signals to a RC car ?  (Read 2890 times)
UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i want it to be autonymous xD i will code a path for it to drive smiley-razz like this for example

Serial.print("start moving forward")
delay(like 1000 sec or so)
Serial.print("start moving left")

In this case you don't need the radio transmitter and receiver at all; the vehicle is no longer radio controlled, instead it is controlled by its onboard Arduino. The Arduino is able to output the servo and speed controller outputs that would previously have come from the receiver, but you will have to write a sketch that tells it what commands to output.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

View Profile

yea but wouldnt i need a motor shield for that ? :/ i don't have one yet smiley-razz

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

Not really, to power the servos you may need a voltage regulator either 5v or 12v depending on model. And the signal will come from the arduino. Do you want to adjust the speed? If so send the signals from the PWM pins on the arduino.

Created Libraries:
NPV2 (NewPasswordV2),  TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo.
Will provide libraries if asked in PM or forum.

View Profile

well i am going to controll a servo for the steering, thats taken care of smiley-razz but i need to have the engine/motor go, and for that i would need a h-bridge or a motor shield, and i have neither of those, therefore i think i would have to send FM signals to it as that would controll all of the motors, im sorry for not mentioning earlier but all of this is taken from a fully cuntioning RC car, that im trying to make autonymous

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

well i am going to controll a servo for the steering, thats taken care of smiley-razz but i need to have the engine/motor go, and for that i would need a h-bridge or a motor shield, and i have neither of those, therefore i think i would have to send FM signals to it as that would controll all of the motors, im sorry for not mentioning earlier but all of this is taken from a fully cuntioning RC car, that im trying to make autonymous

What speed controller did it use in its original RC controlled state? If it was controlled by the RC receiver then, you should be able to use exactly the same thing under Arduino control, with the Arduino taking the place of the RC receiver.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

View Profile

i have no idea smiley-razz the receiver has 3 cords going to a circuitboard that connects to the motor, is that it ? smiley

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

I think I understand what you have. You are have a hobby shop RC not a store RC. Hobby shop RCs have interchangeable receivers, store RCs do not. The motor should have the same plug as the servo, correct?

Created Libraries:

View Profile

uhhm no this is a hobby shop RC and i have a receiver with 4 different plugs, CH1, CH2, CH3 and BATT smiley-razz the servo is just like the servo's used with arduino's and connects to CH2 while the motor is connected to CH1(throught the circuitboard) smiley

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

That's kinda what I said. If the motor goes in Ch1 then it can be controlled by the arduino too.

I'm guessing your referring to the speed control circuit board.
Motor <= speed control <= receiver
Correct?
You can use the speed controller that's fine just make sure the grounds both motor and arduino are connected. Leave off the positive from the motor and just use the signal wire to the arduino.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:06:26 pm by HazardsMind » Logged

Created Libraries:

View Profile

hmm im not sure im understanding what u mean smiley-razz i get the speed control part etc... but leaving of the positive on the motor ? O.o that sounds weird

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

Umm, the plug coming from the speed controller has 3 wires coming out of it, going to the receiver correct?

They should be:
V+             * you dont need this, unless you are still using the actual receiver
ground      * this must be connected to the ground pin on the arduino (common ground)
signal        * this you plug into the PWM pin your using on the arduino (PWM will allow you to change the speed)

Created Libraries:

View Profile

sounds awesome man ;D yea i am sorry if i have been bothering u all this, i actually have a lot of knowledge of electronics, just not arduino smiley-razz im actually a electronics student and im used to working with PLC's and automated circuits smiley-razz the reason why i ask so much is because im afraid of bricking the arduino or some of the parts and i like having knowlegdeof what im working on smiley-wink

okay so V+ is like 5v ? then i could maybe power the arduino without an external power source into the "vin" port ;D and ill try hooking up the signal to a PWM port and ofc common ground smiley-wink

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
View Profile

that could work but the Vin has to be within the required range:

Input Voltage 7-12V (recommended)
Input Voltage 6-20V (limits)

Created Libraries:

Dubai, UAE
Edison Member
View Profile

Hi,
   I am not sure if you have seen this and the explanation in this video is not as clear as I hoped it would be - I will redo it soon - but for now it should give you some idea of what goes where. Ignore the bit about hacking the receiver and PPM, you can use your receiver channels as they are.

In this case, I do use the V+ from the ESC because it provides the power circuit for the receiver and steering servo. You could use this to power the Arduino, but I beleive its much better to use the battery power through the Arduino regulator. DC motors can generate a lot of noise and the regulator provides a some buffering from this noise.

Duane B

View Profile

duane smiley-grin u have the same receiver as me lol, its the exact same thing ;D anyways ima try and hook it up soon smiley-wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Jump to: