Go Down

Topic: current capacity of breadboards (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

If you ever peel back the backing material from a solderless breadboad you will see the material and it's size that connects the connection pins together, fairly 'beefy'. I don't know if such boards carry a max current spec, but I would think the limiting factor would be the resistance of the external wire to socket pin connections rather then the interconnecting paths. I would think 3 amp or less would be an effective safe max rating. I don't think 120v would be a limiting factor as the insulation is well made, but human error when sticking wires into and out of the pin holes could be very dramatic using household power! It would limit voltage and current to + or - 15 volts and 3 amps or less for solderless breadboards, but that's just a gut specification on my part.

Lefty

be80be

I'm not showing one track it's two off them and the whole track is solder covered

And can safely handle the 10 amps

which gives a Trace Current Carrying  of about 12.5 amps

The track is 4 times as wide as the one on the stove PCB  and 1 once copper

be80be

solderless breadboad are good for 2 amp that's if you have a good one cheap one maybe a 1/2 amp

And here some design charts to use http://www.armisteadtechnologies.com/trace.shtml

arduinoPi

what exactly happens if the max current on a breadboard is exceeded?

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up