Go Down

Topic: One sound for one Push Button (Processing to Arduino) (Read 751 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey, i'm working on a project that requires me to have sound play from processing when i am pressing down a button in Arduino and have it turn off and be silent when i take my finger off the button.

at the moment i can get the song to play when i'm holding the button down but when i'm not pressing it there is a loud noise in the background and i can't figure out how to fix it.

the answer might be simple and i'm just not experienced enough to see it but help would really be great, here's the code:

import processing.serial.*;

import cc.arduino.*;

import ddf.minim.*;
Minim minim;
AudioPlayer groove;
Arduino arduino;

int button = 2;

void setup()
{
  size(512, 200, P3D);
arduino = new Arduino(this, Arduino.list()[0], 57600);
  minim = new Minim(this);
  groove = minim.loadFile("marcus_kellis_theme.mp3");
  arduino.pinMode(button, Arduino.INPUT);
  background(0);
}

void draw()
{

if (arduino.digitalRead(button) == Arduino.LOW )
  {
    groove.loop(1);
  }
  if (arduino.digitalRead(button) == Arduino.HIGH )
  {
    groove.play();
  } else {
  if (arduino.digitalRead(button) == Arduino.HIGH )
  {
    groove.pause();
  }
}
}
void stop()
{
  // always close Minim audio classes when you are done with them
  groove.close();
  // always stop Minim before exiting.
  minim.stop();
  super.stop();
}

mungle

Hello!
I'm looking to the same and I've tryed differents solutions but no one of them works... Now I found your solution and I'm stuck at import cc.arduino. Could you please address me on how to solve the problem? It should be so simple to play an audio pressing a button with arduino but it looks something so complicated!

Thx!

Grumpy_Mike

I'm stuck at import cc.arduino
This code is not for an arduino it is for a computer running the language processing.

With this code the arduino is running firmata and is just a stupid lobotomized I/O processor.

Some people round here don't like it, hence the flood of help the OP got a year and a half ago. Also the OP did not read the how to use this forum sticky, another endearing trait.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy