Go Down

Topic: Are there any chips that do PWM + Multiplexing like TLC5940 + MAX7219? (Read 5483 times) previous topic - next topic

fungus

I wonder if I can daisy chain multiple TLC5940 ICs? I need to drive 25 RGB LEDs.

Did you try looking at the datasheet?

Using google...?

Or even looking at the Arduino TLC5940 library?
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

alkopop79

No, I went to the Arduino forum to ask a question. I did check loads of tutorials but none of them are about  using multiple ICs. Hence the question, can I daisy chain these ICs?

alkopop79

It's not the first time I get schooled in this forum. It used to be a haven for those desperate to get help. Nowadays it's just cockiness and schooling. How sad!

fungus

It's not the first time I get schooled in this forum.

I typed "daisy chain multiple TLC5940" into google and the first hit was this: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=daisy+chain+multiple+TLC5940

There's a sticky at the top of the forum (called "How to use this forum - please read") which you obviously haven't read.

There's also a thread about "multiple TLC5940" three lines down from this one as I type.

It used to be a haven for those desperate to get help. Nowadays it's just cockiness and schooling. How sad!

The problem is this: If you can't even be bothered to use google to find out the basic stuff, why should people try to help?

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

alkopop79

I did google it. I still don't understand why is moral authority? Who are you?

Runaway Pancake

I clicked on Playground and typed TLC5940

The first link on the list -- http://playground.arduino.cc/learning/TLC5940

There's a link to the TLC5940 datasheet at ti.com
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlc5940.pdf
At the bottom of page 12 it shows "Figure 12. Cascading Two TLC5940 Devices"

I did google it. I still don't understand why is moral authority? Who are you?

It's not a matter of "moral authority". 
Who does anyone have to be? 
People like to see what investment has been made leading to the question.
"Hello, I must be going..."
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

alkopop79

I kind of feel bad asking a question. I didn't check the datasheet I admit but I still find it strange why Fungus couldn't answer. Or just not write anything.

fungus

I kind of feel bad asking a question. I didn't check the datasheet I admit but I still find it strange why Fungus couldn't answer. Or just not write anything.

People who build working devices need some determination and initiative. You'll get better answers if you show some.

Runaway Pancake

"Hello, I must be going..."
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

Hippynerd

It's not the first time I get schooled in this forum. It used to be a haven for those desperate to get help. Nowadays it's just cockiness and schooling. How sad!

I hear ya. I find this frustrating too. I think that its pretty awful behavior for a learning environment.

You kinda have to get a thick skin if you want to post anything, It kinda sucks, but complaining doesnt seem to discourage them, since they feel justified in their behavior, there is no reasonable expectation that they will ever change.
https://sites.google.com/site/rgbledcubes

JoeN

People who build working devices need some determination and initiative. You'll get better answers if you show some.

Ain't that the truth.  Attempts 1-10 usually results in the device not working at all or at least not entirely right.  Gotta keep on it until it works 100%.  Then declare victory, put it on the shelf, and create another nightmare project for yourself.  That's how you get good at anything.
I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

fungus

People who build working devices need some determination and initiative.

Ain't that the truth.  Attempts 1-10 usually results in the device not working at all or at least not entirely right.  Gotta keep on it until it works 100%. 

Better to discourage them early...  :)

Go Up