Go Down

Topic: 112 switches need reading (Read 2642 times) previous topic - next topic

dc42

As I said in my reply, it's when more than two switches are closed at once that you must have the diodes. Suppose switches A1 and B1 are closed. Then lines A and B are shorted together. So when you discover that driving A causes line 5 to be detected (as well as lines 1 and 2), you don't know whether it is A5 or B5 (or both) that is closed.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

themotorman

Yes,  I am stupid today!! Adding the diodes is easy .
In case you wondered what this is all about.. here's the quick view.. I have 112 cells in a nom. 400 volt battery pack for my electric car that I am building. Need to know as a minimum if the pack is discharging  as when being driven if any cells are lower than the low limit . Also when charging except that I just have shunting across any cell that has reached full charge allowing the rest to get fully charged too. This is called a BMS, battery management system, and is the biggest PITN . There are chips that are meant to do this but the ones from MAXIM have shown a failure mode that makes their use questionable, ( EMAIL ME DIRECTLY IF INTERESTED IN THIS )  so I am designing a simple system with relays for isolation. Each cell will have it's own relay and the contacts are what is forming the 7 x 16 array. I can have number of these open or closed depending on the individual cell condition. so diodes it is.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy