Go Down

Topic: powering with an ipod battery (Read 398 times) previous topic - next topic

davidb

Hi all,
I've been searching for battery options for a project I've been working on. Ideally I'm looking for a small form factor, lots of capacity, and ability to support ~100-120mA, powering an xbee, arduino pro mini, and a digital compass. Sounds easy enough, eh?   OK, so not *that* easy. My current (no pun intended) solution is to use a couple of rechargeable coin cells, but in my searching I came across replacement batteries for ipods at a local electronics store (e.g. lenmar model# PMPAIPMINI). 3.7V, 720mAh, super flat and relatively small...but can't find any info on max current supported. Same with similar batteries from others like duracell. I sent an inquiry to Lenmar but haven't heard back, so was curious if anyone else had tried to used these batteries in their work? I would imagine the iPod mini could draw about as much current (playing music, leaving screen on, etc.). I'm also a bit worried about charging it. I have a couple of the sparkfun LiPoly chargers (charges both Li-ion and LiPoly batteries) which I am hoping will work. The battery seems ideal for what I need...but just have this silly desire not to burn down my house! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
David

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy