Go Down

Topic: Controlling Servos With XBox Wireless Controller Through Arduino? Xbee? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Almurray42

Hey Guys, I am getting involved in a project in which I need to control about 5 or 6 different servos/motors wirelessly.
We have decided that Arduino Is a good way to get everything working, and we want it to be controller by a wireless xbox controller interface.

So far, from what I have gathered, I will need to use the following method:

XBox controller
>>>>>Wireless>>>>>>
Xbox wireless reciever for PC
>>>>>>Wire>>>>>
Laptop
>>>>>Wire>>>>>>
Xbee Transmitter
>>>>Wireless>>>>>>
Xbee Reciever
>>>>>Wire>>>>>>
Arduino Uno
>>>>>Wire>>>>>>
SERVOS

I am not 100% that this is the correct way to do it so I am asking for some advice.

1: WIll this method Work?
2: How do I convert the signal from the xbox reciever through the laptop to arduino outputs through the Xbee
3:How do I map the buttons to control the servo I want it to?

I really appreciate any assistance with this and I will upload Pics of the Project in progress once I have decided how it is going and got the components in.
Thanks"!

HazardsMind

Have you searched for a Xbox library yet?
How do I convert the signal from the xbox reciever through the laptop to arduino outputs through the Xbee
3:How do I map the buttons to control the servo I want it to?

usually the library comes with a button test,it may say button A was pressed, Dpad left is held, it may give you readings of the analog sticks, etc. You just have to look around. There is a video on youtube of a guy controlling a RC car with a Xbox controller, did you watch that yet? Maybe there is a link as to where he gotthe code.
My GitHub:
https://github.com/AndrewMascolo?tab=repositories

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy