Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Controlling Servos With XBox Wireless Controller Through Arduino? Xbee?  (Read 1644 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey Guys, I am getting involved in a project in which I need to control about 5 or 6 different servos/motors wirelessly.
We have decided that Arduino Is a good way to get everything working, and we want it to be controller by a wireless xbox controller interface.

So far, from what I have gathered, I will need to use the following method:

XBox controller
 >>>>>Wireless>>>>>>
Xbox wireless reciever for PC
>>>>>>Wire>>>>>
Laptop
>>>>>Wire>>>>>>
Xbee Transmitter
>>>>Wireless>>>>>>
Xbee Reciever
>>>>>Wire>>>>>>
Arduino Uno
>>>>>Wire>>>>>>
SERVOS

I am not 100% that this is the correct way to do it so I am asking for some advice.

1: WIll this method Work?
2: How do I convert the signal from the xbox reciever through the laptop to arduino outputs through the Xbee
3:How do I map the buttons to control the servo I want it to?

I really appreciate any assistance with this and I will upload Pics of the Project in progress once I have decided how it is going and got the components in.
Thanks"!

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Have you searched for a Xbox library yet?
How do I convert the signal from the xbox reciever through the laptop to arduino outputs through the Xbee
3:How do I map the buttons to control the servo I want it to?

usually the library comes with a button test,it may say button A was pressed, Dpad left is held, it may give you readings of the analog sticks, etc. You just have to look around. There is a video on youtube of a guy controlling a RC car with a Xbox controller, did you watch that yet? Maybe there is a link as to where he gotthe code.

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: