Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SD card as a flashdrive  (Read 1535 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone!

I am new to using the Arduino to interface an SD card, so I need help on this project. Is there a way to use the SD card as a FlashDrive? Is there a code out there to use the SD card as a USB flashdrive? Can I wire it up directly to the USB in such a way to have it work as a flashdrive? Thanks!

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

You can remove the SD card from the Arduino and put it into an SD card reader. The reader will then act as a USB FLASH Drive.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

View Profile

I didn't explain it well...My bad...
I wanted to wire it on my own. I want to make my own SD card reader. I was wondering if I could do this directly to a USB with wires, or if I could use an Arduino to accomplish this. Sorry for not being clear!!

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

I wanted to wire it on my own. I want to make my own SD card reader. I was wondering if I could do this directly to a USB with wires, or if I could use an Arduino to accomplish this. Sorry for not being clear!!

You can't wire an SD card directly to a USB cable.

It is theoretically possible to use an Arduino to allow a PC to read an SD card but it is far beyond a beginner project.

The only practical way for a PC to read an SD card as if it were a thumb drive is to use an SD card reader designed for that.  They only cost about $10:  http://www.frys.com/product/6547453

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: