Go Down

Topic: Inductor keeps getting smoked (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

JoeN

Nov 24, 2012, 02:17 am Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012, 03:42 am by JoeN Reason: 1

Any suggestions for where to find said inductor? Shipping from Mouser is like 3-4 times the cost of the part itself. I think Digikey is even more. I found some inductors on ebay but they skimp on specs. Docedison, I am about 30 minutes far from Anahiem; do you have local place you order from?

I wonder if anyone sells a good inductor kit (like you can find for resistors and capacitors).  If I was going to be working heavily with inductors I would be thinking about getting a wide-range value kit for experimentation purposes just like the resistor and cap kits that I already have - three big ones each for electrolyic/ceramic/polyester(my newest) and 1 watt, 1/4 watt, and 1/2 watt resistors (Joe Knows) and a couple of bulk packs too.
I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

Bajdi

I bought some through the hole 3A 100┬ÁH inductors on Ebay.

retrolefty

Any suggestions for where to find said inductor? Shipping from Mouser is like 3-4 times the cost of the part itself. I think Digikey is even more. I found some inductors on ebay but they skimp on specs. Docedison, I am about 30 minutes from Anahiem; do you have local place you order from?

Well for $1.53 and free shipping you could buy one of the below and pull the inductor from it for your regulator. Or would you find that much too ironic?  ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251066005460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Lefty

seanz2003

Nov 23, 2012, 09:32 pm Last Edit: Nov 23, 2012, 09:37 pm by seanz2003 Reason: 1
Any suggestions for where to find said inductor? Shipping from Mouser is like 3-4 times the cost of the part itself. I think Digikey is even more. I found some inductors on ebay but they skimp on specs. Docedison, I am about 30 minutes from Anahiem; do you have local place you order from?

Bajdi

I have built a couple of boards with the LM2576. I used a 3A Schottky diode and an inductor rated for 3A. The output capacitor also needs to be of the low ESR type. I'm using some expensive Panasonic capacitors. Even with a 2A load the voltage hardly fluctuates, I measured a peak to peak voltage of 240mV with my oscilloscope. That's within spec.

Go Up