Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Using visual inputs for music reader/player  (Read 347 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I've fooled around with Arduino a bit before for some EE classes I've had, but lately I've been trying to do some more complicated stuff. Just for reference, I own an Arduino Uno board and I have a few circuit bits that I can play around with (LEDs, resistors, piezo buzzers, etc.). I was thinking it would be cool to make something that can read a note off a music staff and then play back the note it sees. However, I am completely lost on how to get the Arduino board to receive and manipulate visual data. Can anyone help me with this? This is purely conceptual at the moment, so I don't need anything real specific, but some guidance on what I can use to read the music (camera of some sort?) and tips on getting it to recognize the notes would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

am completely lost on how to get the Arduino board to receive and manipulate visual data.
Yes so is everyone else. It can't be done on an Arduino, it is not fast enough and doesn't have enough memory to store an image, let alone do image processing.

View Profile

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. Any suggestions as to what micro controller could handle it, if any?

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Try the raspberry Pi but they have issues with the USB drivers so getting the image in might be tricky. There is a camara attachment due any time now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: