Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PWM control for a 10 amp brushed motor.  (Read 978 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am attempting to automate a hand tool motor (RS-550VC) that draws 10 Amps at full power.  I need to have bi-direction control and would like to use the Arduino PWM for speed control. 

I have been experimenting with the Sparkfun Ardumoto but find that the motor sometimes stalls and I believe that it is because I have limited the power to 2 Amps.

Can anyone suggest a controller that would be simple for a novice like me to incorporate to my Arduino Uno or any other work around that might get me a more reliable output.  I am a beginner and new to this forum, so please use small words.  Thank you.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

You might need an H-bridge like below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30A-H-bridge-Coreless-Motor-Driver-Forward-Reversion-Brake-For-Smart-Car-Arduino-/180983568079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a237616cf

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

View Profile

Thanks for the quick reply. Will this H bridge work in forward and reverse?  The description on the site as a bit confusing.

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

Any H-bridge will work in forward and reverse, that's what an H-bridge is for.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: