Go Down

Topic: PWM control for a 10 amp brushed motor. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Murray_Bro

I am attempting to automate a hand tool motor (RS-550VC) that draws 10 Amps at full power.  I need to have bi-direction control and would like to use the Arduino PWM for speed control. 

I have been experimenting with the Sparkfun Ardumoto but find that the motor sometimes stalls and I believe that it is because I have limited the power to 2 Amps.

Can anyone suggest a controller that would be simple for a novice like me to incorporate to my Arduino Uno or any other work around that might get me a more reliable output.  I am a beginner and new to this forum, so please use small words.  Thank you.

zoomkat

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Murray_Bro

Thanks for the quick reply. Will this H bridge work in forward and reverse?  The description on the site as a bit confusing.

dc42

Any H-bridge will work in forward and reverse, that's what an H-bridge is for.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Go Up