Go Down

Topic: Serial LCD help - newbie at programming (Read 5725 times) previous topic - next topic

liuzengqiang

So is there any assembly (like soldering) involved with a phi panel? Cause i don't know how to solder. And where do i buy one? if i cant use my lcd and some buttons :P

http://www.inmojo.com/store/liudr-arduino-and-physics-gadgets/item/serial-lcd-back-pack---phi-panel/

There are several fully assembled panels still in stock (meaning I'll need to do the soldering if someone places an order on an assembled panel).
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

BurtonCustomX

liuzengqiang

So where do I order?

Through that link I just posted?!

http://www.inmojo.com/store/liudr-arduino-and-physics-gadgets/item/serial-lcd-back-pack---phi-panel/

Pick the assembled kit option and the LCD size you want.

BurtonCustomX

Alright I'll put in an order and try to figure out some code

BurtonCustomX

So do I need to order the 4x4 keypad also? or can I use my buttons that I have

liuzengqiang

So do I need to order the 4x4 keypad also? or can I use my buttons that I have

Not really unless you want to have access to the on board settings menu. How many buttons do you need? I can load a firmware on the panel for you that will support up to 8 buttons.

BurtonCustomX

Thank you :) , and 5-6 buttons. Also, how does the backpack connect since the lcd only has a 3-pin connection (5v, gnd, rx)

liuzengqiang

Thank you :) , and 5-6 buttons. Also, how does the backpack connect since the lcd only has a 3-pin connection (5v, gnd, rx)

It has 5v gnd rx tx and reset to connect to Arduino and 8 pairs of button connections on board. You connect 5v gnd rx tx to arduino, and then buttons to the back pack.

BurtonCustomX

OK, but how is the LCD connected since it only has 3 pins

liuzengqiang

LCD connects to the back pack. The back pack connects to LCD and keys. The back pack connects to arduino with 3 to 4 wires, 3 for only using LCD 4 for using LCD and keys.

BurtonCustomX

Alright. So where do I place an order to get the back pack with the firmware?

liuzengqiang

Alright. So where do I place an order to get the back pack with the firmware?

Same link I posted already:

After ordering the assembled kit, just email me (you will get paypal email addressed from me) saying you want the 8 buttons firmware so I'll load it up with 8 buttons firmware and assemble it.

BurtonCustomX

Alright I'll see wether it can be incorporated in the steering wheel design first. Thanks again :)

Go Up