Go Down

Topic: Tests performed with the DIY speedometer based on Fritzing+Arduino (Read 630 times) previous topic - next topic

TLERDRDEN

Hello;
Some weeks ago I posted some doubts related to the design of a speedometer that I was doing based on Arduino and Fritzing.
What I've done in this project:
-   Design of a speed sensor  wich consists of: Reed Switch+Resistor+Plug, using Fritzing.
-   Arduino Code- I will share it in my blog-.
-   Selection of Components and mount: Power source, mounting jack connectors, cables, etc.
Compounds of the project:
-   9V Battery + Jack connector.
-   Arduino R2.
-   LCD Shield from DFRobot.
-   Speed sensor -designed with Fritzing-.
-   Others: Cables, connectors, etc.
This weekend I've already mounted on the bycicle the speed sensor and I've performed the early tests of the prototype. Here I put you the conclusions I've arrived:
Conclusions after the first test:
-   Improper contrast of the LCD screen. In the day light I can't see the characters of the screen. . In the performed tests the contrast has been also adjusted using the 10k? potentiometer but the visualization hasn't bécome so good.
-   I need a box where I can put the electronics.
-   The speed calculated by the microprocessor is too high. I guess that, modifying the code I will solve the problem - I will share my experience when I do it-.
-   The speed sensor works properly. However, I would improve the design, some comments:
o   The connection between the 3 cables -VCC / GND /Signal- I've done is soldering
o   1 cable (with 3 wires), better than 3 cables.
o   The circuit is outdoors. How could I cover it in order to do the sensor more resistant?

Therefore, here I put my questions for you:
-   As the LCD can't show the data properly in the day light. ¿What options do I have in the market - other technologies I mean-?
-   What software or other tools exist in order to design a box where I can put the electronics - basically the arduino, batteries and LCD-. Do you know industrial designers who can help me? Do you have any other ideas?
-   What options do I have in order to improve the speed sensor design, because it must be more resistant and easier to mount it.
-   What cable -3 in 1- would suit to this application?
Finally, I attach you the link where I have posted photos and comments of the project:
http://opironelectronics.blogspot.com.es/
Thanks in advance,
Anton

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy