Go Down

Topic: Show me an Arduino Due, and I'll show you a homo sapiens (Read 671 times) previous topic - next topic

Palliser

We're always being told: Human beings uses 9.3% of the brain at any given time. Could this be the same case with Arduino Due and ARM Cortex-M3? Our brain is embedded inside a Central Nervous System and from there, to a large amount of sub-systems; Cortex-M3 core similarly is embedded inside SAM3X8E micro-controller and from there, to a large amount of memory systems and peripherals. My question is: How much Due could grasp the potential of a 32-bit lightning-fast core? 10%? 50%?

dhenry

How much Due could grasp the potential of a 32-bit lightning-fast core? 10%? 50%?

The Due grasps 100% of the potential; A typical applications grasps maybe 1% of the Due's potential.

Palliser

There is a debugging instruction trace module: Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) available in Cortex-M3 but current SAM3 (Due) and SAM4 Atmel processors do not have instruction trace capability, even thou they do fully support all other ARM CoreSight features. J-Trace and ULINKpro cannot use ETM in Due. The good news is that SAM-ICE and J-Link V6 or later supports Serial Wire Viewer. 99% may be?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy