Go Down

Topic: NEED HELP FOR A SCHOOL PROJECT! (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic

eirikhatland

Hey!

I am current working with a school project and need some guidence and help.

I was thinking of using an stepper motor, a potensiometer and an LCD display. The idea is that it is an electric car.

The potensiometer is the gass, stepper motor is the wheel and i want to show the speed on the LCD display, I also want to have to buttons, one for drive and one for reverse.

Have anyebody done something familiar?

Greetings Eirik from Norway

jremington

There are many examples for each aspect of the project. Learn to do each bit separately and when you understand the details, put them all together.

The Arduino IDE (software development package) comes with examples for reading buttons and a potentiometer.

The web has plenty of examples for stepper motors and LCD displays.

Robin2

I'm not sure a stepper motor is ideal for that. They are heavy and inefficient so they drain batteries very quickly. A simple DC motor and, perhaps, a simple encoder that produces one pulse per revolution would be suitable for determining the speed. A continuous-rotation servo is a very convenient DC motor and electronics all in one package.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up