Go Down

Topic: What should our store carry? (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

wwbrown

If you have a way to broadcast the Arduino stuff to the folks at Lockheed Sunnyvale you may get some strong interest from some of the guys their for their kids, and maybe a workshop or two aimed at all ages.

Oust some thoughts.

DuaneB

If you have a way to broadcast the Arduino stuff to the folks at Lockheed Sunnyvale you may get some strong interest from some of the guys their for their kids, and maybe a workshop or two aimed at all ages.

Not a bad idea, I have got quite a lot of my colleagues to by Arduinos just by showing them a couple of projects - most of them had not heard of and were not looking for Arduinos before seeing the projects.

Duane B

Hobbytown-Sunnyvale

Oust some thoughts.

That is definitely something we are thinking about (although I would need a few projects under my belt first). We are thinking of doing a few R/C car workshops to teach younger kids how to maintain and repair their cars.

larryp

The Sunnyvale store IS CLOSED and a new store in their location, and the phone is disconnected with no new number!

Too bad as I wanted to say hi again.

vasquo

Wow, he already went out of business?

A "me too" store isn't going to survive, me thinks. Not unless you hold some competitive advantage, like:

Pololu - robotics niche, + their own PCB production/reflow/assembly/designs/etc... selling something costing less than $1 to 10x markup (and that's for their cheapest boards/modules)

Adafruit - Lady Ada... girl engineer, super cool products, lots of open source libraries created in-house to support items they sell, etc., like pololu they have their own PNP machine, reflow oven, etc.

Sparkfun - same as pololu, in-house designed modules, made cheaply, sold cheaply, and still maintaining a huge markup for them.

several chinese companies - cheap access to parts, automated manufacturing, and millions of cheap chinese labor.

Go Up