It seems that it might be usbser.sys
1. Is it likely to be the Arduino driver or Windows If Arduino driver, am I using the most recent one?
2. If Windows is it likely to be because Im using Windows 8? Ill try my laptop - it also runs Windows 8, to see if it behaves the same.
3. Could it be exacerbated by the fact the Arduino is busy spitting out characters to the port?
Should I upload blink or comment out all the Serial.Print statements?
4. I have other USB things plugged in eg a Seagate drive I use for backups - is it worth pulling them out?
...was it just the INF file that wasn't signed??
- Not sending any characters from the Arduino ( ie even the blink program which doesn't use Serial at all) doesn't make the problem go away.
Do any other users get this behaviour or am I the only one
You've all been very helpful, but if the fault lies in Microsoft code there may not be much that can be done?
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16