Go Down

Topic: Mounting HMC5883L compass (Read 912 times) previous topic - next topic

rkappler

File this in the obvious folder, but I want to double check before I put solder to board. I bought SainSmart HMC5883L compass board  (http://www.dsscircuits.com/articles/the-mysterious-hmc5883l.html) and have done all the requisite reading and research. It comes with a pin header for mounting in a breadboard (as I intend to) but the pins are bent 90 degrees. So, if I solder this thing up with the supplied pins, the board would actually sit vertically.

As I understand it, this thing MUST sit horizontally in order to work as it is not compensated by an accelerometer, so I should substitute the 90 degree pins for straight pins if I want it to mount in a breadboard sitting on a table.  Am I right in this, or am I overthinking?

I'm double checking since I've bought a lot of stuff from sainsmart and everything has always been perfect, though underdocumented. Always enough of the right parts, etc, always good quality stuff, no failed units, etc. Now I have right angle pins where I would expect straight pins.

regards, Richard

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy