Go Down

Topic: Need help with the names of these parts! (Read 525 times) previous topic - next topic



Kind of a weird question but after hours of googling and not finding exactly what i need i thought i should ask here.
I have made a beautiful drawing to help you understand what i need the name of.
Or maybe if you guys have another solution that would be helpful.
But i think these are my best options as of yet but cant order em if i cant find them.

What i basically want is guide a smooth wire in both directions. There are going to be lots of linear actuators pulling down or pulling up a wire and the wire needs to go freely trough all the holes.
So we need the linear actuator hole to be as frictionless as possible.
What i think we need is pulleys opposite of each other that guide the wire or a ballbearingring thing.

I have searched and found so much but something like twin pulleys isnt exactly what i need. It needs to be very close to eachother.

I hope you guys can help me.
Thanks in advance.


Looks very similar to the rollers used to feed wire in a MIG welder. In that case there would be two rollers with grooves that squeeze and grip the wire, and one of them would be powered to drive the wire - a screw adjuster would set the clamping tension. It doesn't sound as if you need the rollers to be driven in your case, so you just need a pair of idler pulleys with a suitable groove, in a housing that springs them together.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131