Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for low power consumption OS for Arduino IDE  (Read 456 times)
Singapore
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi Dude,
    I'm looking for low power consumption OS for Arduino IDE, because I want to monitor serial data for six months or more using laptop. As everyone know that Windows is kind of power eater so please make suggestions.

thanks,
pak

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Get a netbook size computer that runs at slower speed, solid state hard drive, & lower power consumer to start with.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I'd suggest another arduino (or preferably but more difficultly a bare atmega328p) with an SD card.

The next level up would probably be a raspberry pi-like device.

Edison Member
You do some programming to solve a problem, and some to solve it in a particular language. (CC2)
View Profile

You don't want to run the Arduino IDE to collect data. That's done with a much simpler program that reads data from the serial line and writes it down in a csv-formatted text file. As WizenedEE suggested, a "data collector" arduino with an sd card shield would probably be fit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: