Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: ArduinoISP Arduino uno & blank atmega8 bootloader burn trouble  (Read 5912 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

OP, please DO NOT hit the "report to moderator" control again.
then how do i delete irrelevant posts?

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

i just want short simple answers to whats wrong

You haven't actually said what's wrong, so it is hard to advise. Other than, I guess, it isn't doing what you expect. If you described what you did, what you expect to happen, and what actually happened, you might get somewhere.

Reporting someone three times for posting a link to a tutorial is abuse of the forum. Don't do it again.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

On this page I have a sketch that runs on a Uno that will program a bootloader on various chips, including the Atmega8.

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11635

I'm not going to copy and paste thousands of words, and photos, to save you the trouble of following one link.

View Profile

ive been to that page (which i said not to link) and it failed with same errors, try again and this time READ MY POST
Failed with what "same errors"?
What command line you use in avrdude and which was the error it displayed?

View Profile

You haven't actually said what's wrong, so it is hard to advise. Other than, I guess, it isn't doing what you expect. If you described what you did, what you expect to happen, and what actually happened, you might get somewhere.

Reporting someone three times for posting a link to a tutorial is abuse of the forum. Don't do it again.
actually i told the entire story about whats wrong all you have to do is  READ?!?! and btw i hit the repost button once and had to refresh, then hit it on a different post

View Profile

ive been to that page (which i said not to link) and it failed with same errors, try again and this time READ MY POST
Failed with what "same errors"?
What command line you use in avrdude and which was the error it displayed?

i dont use command line i use arduino IDE

View Profile

On this page I have a sketch that runs on a Uno that will program a bootloader on various chips, including the Atmega8.

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11635

I'm not going to copy and paste thousands of words, and photos, to save you the trouble of following one link.
this is basically the arduinoisp tutorial the only difference is mutilation of a good 6pin header

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

I'm guessing that English isn't your first language - your sentence structure is hard to follow.
Is there one of the sections in the International section that might be able to help better?

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

as you can see ive got quite a few boards ive tried already with avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding when i use a pull-up resistor and avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x## with different # each time and even sometimes get avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: expect:0x## or something to that effect, im stressing hard guys i need your help somebody anybody tell me what im doing wrong and what i need to do to fix this problem, or atleast a step in the right direction,

What programmer are you using?

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

this is basically the arduinoisp tutorial the only difference is mutilation of a good 6pin header

Not at all. It doesn't use avrdude at all, so you won't get any avrdude error messages. You did read it, didn't you?

The bootloader is programmed onto the Uno, you connect them together, and (under command from the serial monitor) it writes the bootloader.

mutilation of a good 6pin header

I made up that header for my convenience. Just use six jumper wires if you prefer.

View Profile

I'm guessing that English isn't your first language - your sentence structure is hard to follow.
Is there one of the sections in the International section that might be able to help better?
you have no un-spoken language section, and english was my first spoken language

View Profile

as you can see ive got quite a few boards ive tried already with avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding when i use a pull-up resistor and avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x## with different # each time and even sometimes get avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: expect:0x## or something to that effect, im stressing hard guys i need your help somebody anybody tell me what im doing wrong and what i need to do to fix this problem, or atleast a step in the right direction,

What programmer are you using?
it says at the top post (unless i deleted it splitting posts up) arduino uno w/arduinoisp

View Profile

Quote from: mysteredding
i dont use command line i use arduino IDE
So you did not try to follow the instruction in the tutorial I posted. Why did you say you had tried it?
Secondly, it looks like you are a bit nervous now.
I understand you, I also was nervous months ago because I was not able to program my target AVR using an Arduino Uno but I took a break and retried to burn the code after some time.

View Profile

Not at all. It doesn't use avrdude at all, so you won't get any avrdude error messages. You did read it, didn't you?

The bootloader is programmed onto the Uno, you connect them together, and (under command from the serial monitor) it writes the bootloader.

mutilation of a good 6pin header

I made up that header for my convenience. Just use six jumper wires if you prefer.
im just tired of sifting and so no i didnt read it but when i see a bunch of jargon from what apears to be terminal window it usually leads to needing a swerial port(ive read just about every tutorial out there) and id rather not waist my time reading something im pretty sure wont work, but im gonna give this a fair shake and read in detail as a favor to myself to atleast give one more chance to chances but im gonna be hella mad if it doesnt work

View Profile

So you did not try to follow the instruction in the tutorial I posted. Why did you say you had tried it?
because i was looking for arduinoisp error fixes not a whole new method of use, when i get done with this other tutorial if it doesnt work i'll give yours a look and try again

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: