Go Down

Topic: ArduinoISP Arduino uno & blank atmega8 bootloader burn trouble (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

Atmega chip programmer.
Written by Nick Gammon.

Atmega chip programmer.
Written by Nick Gammon.

Right. That indicates that you are not succesfully "talking" to the target chip. I think the wiring is the same as the Atmega328 so your wiring should exactly match the photo above.

mysteredding

Atmega chip programmer.
Written by Nick Gammon.

Atmega chip programmer.
Written by Nick Gammon.

Right. That indicates that you are not succesfully "talking" to the target chip. I think the wiring is the same as the Atmega328 so your wiring should exactly match the photo above.
ive read your second tutorial and im guessing my 3rd party order has a pre-loaded bootloader to need a crystal, ive got some rip-outs(salvaged from old electronics) ive got a 13.#### mhz it fits onto that 4-20 range but am very limited on capacitors to use with it, are the capacitor numbers crucial to the crystal? or can i use some 47pico? and im not even sure about that number either i bought em took em out of package and forgot about em for a good while

Nick Gammon

See this photo:

Note the extra "clock" wire. That should be enough to clock the chip over. I'm pretty sure it worked for me.

mysteredding

tell you what Nick, you gave me a hell of a step in the right direction, plugging the crystal in and whatever capacitors im using(22j ceramic) which im guessing are the 22pico i needed read the chip found out yea it has a bootloader on it, im gonna try all i can to get this to work now, and thank you very much for having so much patients with me even tho my attitude was less than deserving of it, and i saw how busy you were helping everyone else, i really do appreciate everything you've done

Nick Gammon

ive got a 13.#### mhz it fits onto that 4-20 range but am very limited on capacitors to use with it, are the capacitor numbers crucial to the crystal?

That could work, plus there's a school of thought that the stray capacitance on the breadboard will be enough.

Go Up