Go Down

Topic: Single Player Blackjack Game for Arduino w/ LCD Keypad Shield (Read 2065 times) previous topic - next topic

LinhartR

Aug 12, 2013, 07:29 am Last Edit: Aug 18, 2013, 08:01 am by LinhartR Reason: 1
I sure had a lot of fun writing this. I uncovered several surprises:

• There are many ways to seed the random number generator.

• There is some data type ambiguity with naked constants in the .write method.

• Integer currency didn't work with Blackjack payouts (bet x 1.5) and odd value bets (unless you intend to cheat the player). It was actually fun to add the cents though.

• For some reason one of the LCD special characters ("10") gets garbled from time to time. Still not sure why.

• I really need to work with objects more and less with procedural code.

• Multi-dimensional arrays are cool!

Read the comments at the beginning of the sketch. They'll tell you everything you need to know. I believe the code is well commented. Let me know if you discover any new bugs. I'd love to have the opportunity to fix them. I welcome suggestions for alternative approaches to some of the programming logic. This really was a lot of fun for me and I hope you enjoy it. 8)

If you found this fun or interesting please make a small donation to my PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GTBD7T7BXPGQY. I have many more Arduino projects in mind and appreciate your support.

Moderator edit: reference to company selling counterfeit product removed

Hi!

I'm a Arduino newbee but very interested in your Blackjack project. Where can i find the code?

Greetings from Norway

Hi !

I will "donate" a lot but .... i get the error message:

error: DFR_Key.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
compilation terminated.

There seems to be the .h missing ? ... Do you have a
link to get this ?
Thank you ;-)
Frank

LinhartR

My version of the Arduino IDE (1.0.5) includes the liquid crystal library. What version are you using? I found the library at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal. In any case I've added the library to the GitHub Repo.

Hi !

I will "donate" a lot but .... i get the error message:

error: DFR_Key.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
compilation terminated.

There seems to be the .h missing ? ... Do you have a
link to get this ?
Thank you ;-)
Frank

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy