Go Down

Topic: Spreading the infection! (Read 686 times) previous topic - next topic

mrmeval

I just sent an Uno to a friend with a Spark fun shield I soldered for them and a mini bread board. :-D
If it was designed by man it can be repaired by man.

AlphaBeta

Good! I'm quite a missionary myself :)

liudr

I bought 12 arduino Duemilanoves for a class next semester. Made a few updates to the current syllabus to incorporate arduino projects.

mowcius

Made a few updates to the current syllabus to incorporate arduino projects.

;D

liudr

We had a lot of leftover stuff from the 80's in the syllabus. It's not for EE students anyway so I'm thinking what my students may learn and use in higher level classes or projects. I know how important NAND and NOR gates are to the basics of IC but will likely not do too much with them and use Arduino instead. K-map is good but not useful for my students so less emphasis. I will then have time to cover some ADC/DAC basics and more labs on sensing and programming. I might just skip flip-flops since we don't have a chance to use them to store say a couple of bits. It'll be fun.

How dearly i hope you were my professor setting up my syllabuses...  ;)

UltraMagnus

what do you teach? (since "It's not for EE students" I assume it's not pure electronics)

I agree on K maps though, fairly pointless even for EE since most of that stuff is done in VHDL/Verilog these days.

liudr

UltraMagnus, I teach mostly physics majors but occasionally a chemistry or math major may turn up. Many EE departments started as a few physics faculty members teaching circuits and electronics and they felt they deserve their own EE department and depart from physics. Till this day, most physics departments still offer their students an electronics class, but most physics professors don't like to teach it. That's what I'm teaching. The class contains theories and experiments. Physics students need not to know how an opamp internal structure is and such but they need to use it.

Go Up