Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: what can be removed to make a "barebones" due?  (Read 887 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

My first thought when I looked at the Due was: "wow, that's a lot of components". Well, I actually first thought it looked similar to the Mega, but that's not the point.
The point is, I want to make my own version of this, so what can be removed? I don't need the auto-power selector (that chooses between USB and the power jack),I don't need the 5V regulator, I don't need the 2nd USB port and it's little programming chip (maybe not even the first one), I just need what the chip needs to run at full speed, and how the heck I'm going to get the code on there (I'm guessing it won't work with an ICSP programmer or an Arduino as ICSP, and you probably need the bootloader for FTDI). I'm just looking for more RAM and a lot more speed, and this seems to be the only way to go.
Besides removing everything, I still need to get my code there, of course. what kind of programmer is needed?
Also, I hear SD cards have a second way of communicating that is faster than SPI. will the DUE ever support this in a libary? And what about the Ethernet pins and library?

Michigan
IR Combat
View Profile

I too am looking for answers to both of these questions.

IR Combat laser tag developer/inventor

Sweden
View Profile

Did you try the search function? I made an arduino Due barebones.. See post #21 for the schematic and board files in the following topic: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,152234.msg1151179.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: