Go Down

Topic: Chinese Pcb Manufacturer Reccomendation. (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

I see they do PCB Assembly too

Of particular interest to me at present.

I see they do PCB Assembly too

I wonder what the setup cost is though. I'll certainly be enquiring when my prototypes are debugged.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

vasquo

Setup cost is just one part... I would estimate approx. $130 (if they're matching other China PCB manufacs out there).

soldering fee (for total TH pad, or SMD part)
Package material fee
Initial/Setup fee
Programming Fee. 

If you want them to buy the parts (i.e.  you're not shipping them your own parts), there's

Parts Cost
10% Purchase & Exhaust cost (of your total Parts Cost)

+ shipping back to you.

JoeN

Setup cost is just one part... I would estimate approx. $130 (if they're matching other China PCB manufacs out there).

soldering fee (for total TH pad, or SMD part)
Package material fee
Initial/Setup fee
Programming Fee. 

If you want them to buy the parts (i.e.  you're not shipping them your own parts), there's

Parts Cost
10% Purchase & Exhaust cost (of your total Parts Cost)

+ shipping back to you.

When you say programming fee, do you mean programming microcontrollers / PLDs or some other type of programming?  The reason I ask is my thinking is not to have them program it at all because that requires you to deliver the unencrypted object code to them which creates risks for you.  Have appropriate headers as part of the design and do the programming yourself and lock it down.  Or am I missing something?
I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

vasquo

No.
I meant, the PCB assembler, programming their machines (stencil, P&P, oven) to assemble your boards.

It may look like nickel and diming us, but truth is, even with all these fees and shipping from China, it's still cheaper vs. having a US based company manufacture and assemble the boards.

I've sent inquiries to US based companies. They're very arrogant!
1. They freaking don't respond to you.
2. If they respond to you and find out you're a small scale business, you never hear from them again.
3. If they do continue to talk to you, it seems they freakingly almost rob you when they give you an assembly quote... their quote estimate is the equivalent of "here's your ridiculous high quote, now go away."

I tried to give jobs to US companies but they don't want to deal with a small potato like me. 
Fine with me... it's going to China.

fluxno

do sitopway need pick and place files from the design to do assembly, or can they do without them?

Go Up