Go Down

Topic: Which Arduino to buy to use with HD video (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Is access beyond the what's available in the driver interfaces required to get timing signals onto gpio pins?

It is getting at the timing signals that is the problem.

However that is not what you need to be able to do this project. You need to get the signals from the GPIO pins and use it to control the timing of the video output, that is something that is not available in the high level drivers.

pico

You need to get the signals from the GPIO pins and use it to control the timing of the video output, that is something that is not available in the high level drivers.

That's interesting. Do you have a source for that information?
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Grumpy_Mike

Do you have a source for that information?

Have you seen the high level driver?

pico

Do you have a source for that information?

Have you seen the high level driver?

No. I've only read some descriptions of what people have found they can do with it so far. There appear to be at leat three interfaces, a 3D, a 2D, and a general lower level interface.

But you seem to have more certain knowledge as to exactly what the drivers can and can't do.

Do you have any sources of your information regarding that? I assume you're not just assuming.  :smiley-mr-green:

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Grumpy_Mike

There appear to be at leat three interfaces, a 3D, a 2D, and a general lower level interface.

These are all output modes.

I assume you're not just assuming

I know what the broadcom chip was designed to do. I used to work designing set top boxes. I can't point you to any information in the public domain other than the high level drivers. However, I know that this is the sort of thing that is outside the remit of the normal use for this chip so it is an almost impossible thing to do. While not 100% sure I am 99% sure.

Go Up