Go Down

Topic: Which Arduino to buy to use with HD video (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

pico

Nov 28, 2012, 05:21 pm Last Edit: Nov 28, 2012, 05:25 pm by pico Reason: 1

While not 100% sure I am 99% sure.

I see. In other words, you are assuming.

BTW, I'm not sure what kind of video programming interface would be "output only". How do you expect to be able to program a card if you can't read even basic state information?

I've done a little bit of this kind of stuff myself, over the years. Obviously not as expert as you though, LOL.

So I guess we shall just have to wait to see if the truth of the matter lies in your 1% of uncertainty.  :smiley-mr-green:
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

ryangodammit

...so not necessarily the right piece of hardware at all
I have actually just ordered a raspberrypi too, to make a media centre, but I won't cancel my arduino order just yet, I'd love to learn more about it.

One reply interested me, talking about not processing the HD at all. Would this be possible, it's something that crossed my mind when I was originally thinking of this project- would this at all be possible with what I'm doing?
The problem with what I'm trying to achieve is that I need it to be real small- the arduino/raspberrypi are ideal.

So I guess I'll just see how things develop on both fronts to make this work.

Any other suggestions of where to start?

Riva

After much hunting the only domestic chip I can find that might do the job is a SII9573 as blurb says it supports HDMI in/out with OSD but I can find no other information on the chip (apart from $34.16 price) so don't if it's really suitable or what other support chips it may need.

holmes4

One reply interested me, talking about not processing the HD at all. Would this be possible, it's something that crossed my mind when I was originally thinking of this project- would this at all be possible with what I'm doing?

No not really the analog kit I gave the link to appears to work by finding the h/v sync signals embeded in the analog video signal and then just adding its data at the right time to the video stream. On the analog systems there is no compression.

The HD signals are I believe compressed think MP4. So you would need to decompress, hold the frame in memory, add your data, and then recompress.

Mark

AWOL

The HD signals are I believe compressed think MP4

No, not at all.
Think baseband.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up