Go Down

Topic: Programing arduino by command line (windows) (Read 2427 times) previous topic - next topic

Suriken

Hi.

I guess it has to be possible and I want to try it. Can I upload code to arduino using cmd windows console? I read about winavr but I don't know how it works.

Do you know a webpage with a good tutorial or reference to check?

Erni

This command line will upload the blink328.hex to the Arduino

avrdude -patmega328p -Pcom20 -carduino -D -U flash:w:blink328.hex:i

There is a avrdude guide here:

http://www.ladyada.net/learn/avr/avrdude.html

Suriken

Hi. Thanks for answering me.

I am trying using that tutorial but I am not able to do it. I have a ftdi board and arduino FIO.

I tried some examples in that page but anyone works, finally, I am trying with this line:

avrdude -c avrispmkII -b 9600 -P  COM10 -p atmega328p -U flash:w:Blink.cpp.hex:i

I tried with some others compilers but noone works and Arduino IDE has selected avrispmkII and it can upload code.

I have Blinck.cpp.hex in directory  in which I am running this command. I have no Blink.hex file, just with cpp.hex...

Rx led on ftdi board switches on and never gets off. Tx led never gets on.

Nothing appears on screen after I execute that line.

Erni

Nov 29, 2012, 07:16 pm Last Edit: Nov 29, 2012, 07:21 pm by Erni Reason: 1
If you enable verbose output in the Arduino IDE (file->preferences->show verbose output during output)
You can see which parameters Arduino use:

Code: [Select]

D:\arduino-1.01\arduino-1.0.1-windows (1)\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CD:\arduino-1.01\arduino-1.0.1-windows (1)\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P\\.\COM20 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\EC\AppData\Local\Temp\build3006186476715730111.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

In my example i had just renamed the Blink.cpp.hex.

Also note the -v options. It enables verbose output, and will show error messages etc.

Suriken

Thank you Erni, I can upload code now. I am going to check how to compile before uploading it.

Erni

Glad you have it working Suriken
I am absolutely no expert, but for compiling, I think you should search for makefile. There has been a lot of thread about this subject.
Let us know if you succed.

cdan

Check this out too:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/wiki/Arduino-IDE-1.5-from-command-line

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy