Go Down

Topic: Quadcopter stabilization algorithm (Read 20 times) previous topic - next topic

kakou19

Hello everybody,

Im doing a quadcopter using Arduino, but I am stuck at the stabilization part.

I know that I have to something like this :

Pd - Pv  * coef - which Pd is the desired angle (0 for me so) and Pv the actual angle. I got the Yaw and Pitch thanks to MPU6050 so I managed to get the actual angle. But now I dont know how to convert this result to a motor power value...

If you could help me with this !

Thank you

PeterH

Im doing a quadcopter using Arduino, but I am stuck at the stabilization part.

Have you researched the control strategies used on other drones? I very much doubt that the simple proportional feedback algorithm you described will be sufficient.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

kakou19

I know that other strategies use PID algorithm, but I dont find well explanation or implementation.

sbright33

I have a real simple solution I'm working on.  Will post some uncompiled pseudocode here later today if you'd like.  PID algorithms in the manufacturing process can be quite complex.  I believe this problem is simpler to solve.
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

kg4wsv

PID algorithms in the manufacturing process can be quite complex.  I believe this problem is simpler to solve.

Please elaborate.

Around here (university engineering department that teaches controls) the consensus seems to be that PID is less effective than other control algorithms, but it is used because it is simpler (to implement and understand).

-j

Go Up