Go Down

Topic: Arduino to a Dream Sound Synthesis chip? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Jul 13, 2009, 09:30 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009, 06:03 pm by RevAaron Reason: 1
Just curious if anyone has played with anything from Atmel's Dream Sound Synthesis family?

From Atmel's product page (http://atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=4142):

The ATSAM2195 is a complete, single-chip, low-cost MIDI sound system. It requires only input of standard MIDI signals by its serial or parallel input and provides stereo audio output. It includes state-of-the-art sound synthesis using a full GM sound set together with a range of compatible effects.

Datasheet for the ATSAM2195

To me, it looks like a great way to get some neat sound capabilities into an Arduino project. I'm going to order a few of the ATSAM2195s, but just thought I'd see if anyone else has used these yet...

Looks a great chip, it's only 3v3 so there is a bit of fiddling to get it to work with 5V systems.
However, who stocks them in Europe?

No clue! I'm requesting some samples from Atmel- if you're willing to help take a look at it and you'd like me to send you one drop me a PM.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131