Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with PCB  (Read 1531 times)
IO84el
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Mines an eBay special so it'd undoubtedly be around that figure.

I found something similar which gave a figure of 160mA for the LED forward current and a supply current of 4mA. Is forward current the amps required at full brightness and supply current that which is needed to power on.

Thanks for the circuit, I'll add that in to the spaghetti mess I'm making

Colorado
Edison Member
Reviving dead brain cells with Arduinos.
View Profile

By the way, it's perfectly okay to create your schematic without drawing every single trace.  Just connect them by name.  Draw part of the trace on one side and name it.  Then draw the connecting trace on the other part and name it the same.  Eagle knows to connect the two in board mode.  See attached.

* g7kse-rev1.png (30.5 KB, 1657x1282 - viewed 25 times.)

IO84el
View Profile

That makes a lot of sense doing it that way. I'm going to have to look at some other tutorials I think.

I've only picked up the software over the last week or so and am getting used to designing circuits with it. I haven't really tackled the board side of it yet, I had a sneaky look and it's not looking like a pcb at the moment

Colorado
Edison Member
Reviving dead brain cells with Arduinos.
View Profile

It won't till you place the components and route the nets (either auto routing or manual.)  Eagle simply groups all the components next to the board and leave it up to you to place things and create your final design.

IO84el
View Profile

I've made great progress with your help. Couldn't have done it without you. Almost ready to press the 'make it' button now

Thank you

Alex

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: