Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: multiple microphones  (Read 1615 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i am ok to have problems and start over many times, i just would like to get a good starting point before i just dive into it and find out it is not possible with the arduino.

Montreal
Edison Member
Per aspera ad astra.
View Profile

Check it out:
http://coolarduino.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/sound-localization/

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

It sounds to me like it might be a fun project, but that the likelihood for it to not achieve the results you desire are high (sometimes referred to as “Failure”, but I like to call these learning experiences), so maybe not a good project for someone just starting out unless you are highly tolerant to “learning experiences”. I would suggest doing something simpler to start, but would love to see what is possible with this.

I agree. Your first couple of projects should be based on projects others have 'proven' to be successful. I found designing and building a 5x5x5 led cube to be a perfect one for me to try and build on learning to program as I already had a hardware background. So I approached that project from a published one with the idea to use their hardware design as is but to write the sketch from scratch without even looking at their software. So build according to the skills you wish to acquire and build upon.

Lefty

View Profile

thanks guys this has really helped alot. i am going to put this project on the back burner for now but it will get done sometime.

View Profile

that is way cool, i would like to make something like that eventually but it would have to respond to just one loud bang instead of to continuous music

Montreal
Edison Member
Per aspera ad astra.
View Profile

it would have to respond to just one loud bang instead of to continuous music
Well, project is merely a concept: measure phase -> calculate time difference -> calculate direction of the source. Localization of the loud bang   differs only in last step, filtering / calculation direction.
For short impulses, less data available , the same time there is no need for "quasi real time" speed, so more math could be implemented to process received data pool,  and consequently get  even better accuracy.  All depends, on how fast  someone needs a result and what computational power is available.

View Profile

that make alot of help thank you.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: