Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problem with multiple tlc5940  (Read 6249 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thank you again Grumpy. Very nice of you to give me the basics put into context...

I got one question though. There´s two lines for each channel in the code, and you just explained the second one.

This line: if(tlc_addFade(1, 400, 0, millis()+ duration, millis()+ duration + duration)

What about the first one, can you explain that one too?

This line: if( tlc_addFade(1, 0, 400, millis(), millis()+ duration )

When I play around with it I can´t seem to make it work proper. Guess I´m just putting values in the wrong parameters.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

The first one has the same parameters as the second. That is they do the same thing.
The values of these paramaters are reversed so first off it fades up from 0 to 400 and also it starts immediately and ends when the second fade begins.
the value given by millis() is now, you will see the time for the first fade to end is the time that the second fade starts.

View Profile

Thanks a bunch Grympy!

View Profile

Hi, I have also been using 2 tlc5940 chips for a project - The circuit I had working on breadboards (now PCB, SMD), this works for about 5 seconds and then cuts out. Each time I reset the circuit it seems to work for n even shorter amount of time. Any ideas what the problem is??

Here is my circuit: http://25.media.tumblr.com/ec3be9a6a01334bbfb18df174f7876d8/tumblr_ml50ra9Hsb1so48cuo1_1280.png

I am also beginning to think I may be using the wrong component for what I want to achieve.

I am working on a project where I want 5 to 10 RGB LEDs on a prototype. The main requirements of the LEDs is to create a range of colours (maybe 7 different colours) and create and efficient level of brightness.

The product is battery powered and the rest of the circuit is 3.3V, any suggestions?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Jump to: