Go Down

Topic: Entry Level Oscilloscopes from Tektronix (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

wwbrown

Tektronixhas come out with a new line of oscilloscopes aimed at the hobbyist and educational market here is the link http://www.elektor.com/news/new-entry-level-oscilloscopes-from-tektronix.2323659.lynkx?utm_source=UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news&cat=meten/testen

I recently needed to replace my old scope and I just a used Tek scope that has fewer features (no digital storage is one) and paid a little less for it than the new Tek 25MHz scope.  Although my scope is a 100 MHz I do not need more than 25 Mhz paying a little more I would have gotten a new scope with a  5 year guarantee.

Riva

You gotta be a serious hobbyist to pay £600 for a scope.  :~

fungus

I'm very happy with my DSO Quad for Arduino work.

(You have to use the "community" firmware and replace diode D5 to get nirvana, but it's easy enough to do....)
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

codlink

You gotta be a serious hobbyist to pay £600 for a scope.  :~

Especially when you can get a good used one on Ebay for next to nothing.  That is where I got mine.  Only paid a little over $100 for a Tektronix 2236 and the thing works perfect.  It's even been calibrated recently.
//LiNK

MarkT

My 100MHz Atten scope is a lot cheaper that the Tektronix 150MHz model - somewhat less than their 25MHz model I think. And it has 7" screen and more knobs!

I don't think Tektronix will be able to compete much at those prices.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up